Client review sessions can be managed and run directly from ftrack using a simple and user-friendly interface. Easily set up a session with media already present on your server and then invite your collaborators via email to join the session where they can make notes and mark their approval. When the session is done you can set status on the reviewed items and transfer the feedback you want to share with the team back into ftrack.
Client reviews is a way to run client review sessions separate from the main ftrack application and comprises two main components:
The review session management page for setting up and managing review sessions.
The actual review session that can be accessed via a special invite link without the need for an ftrack login.
The basic workflow for setting up a review session and getting feedback from a client is as follows:
- An ftrack user, with appropriate permissions, starts by creating a session, setting relevant details and adding content.
- When ready for feedback, the user can add collaborators and send them invites by email for joining the session.
- Collaborators receiving an invite can sign in to review content, draw on frames and leave feedback by writing comments. They can also quickly mark items as either approved or requiring changes using dedicated approval buttons.
- The review session manager can then gather all comments and annotations made on the content into a PDF report.
- If you’ve got feedback in the review session that you want to share with the team you can transfer it to ftrack. You can read about how to do it in Transferring feedback from a review session.
An important concept of review sessions is that all changes are separate from the main application. This means that collaborators can make comments and set individual approval statuses at will and then that feedback can be passed onto the rest of the team at the appropriate time.